About my guest
Dr. Barry K. Weinhold is Professor Emeritus from UCCS where he founded the Counseling & Human Services Program in 1971 and retired after 30 years. He currently co-directs the Colorado Institute for Conflict Resolution & Creative Leadership and the Colorado Professional Development Center, and serves as Core Faculty at the Intercultural Open University Foundation’s doctoral program in Developmental Trauma Psychology. Barry is the author or coauthor of 60+ books in developmental psychology, counseling and personal growth.
- Professor Emeritus, Founder and Former Program Chair, Counseling and Human Services M.A. Program, University of Colorado at Colorado Springs. 1971-2001.
- Co-Founder, The Colorado Institute for Conflict Resolution and Creative Leadership, a 501 (c) 3 educational non profit organization in 1987.
- Founder/Director, The Kindness Campaign, a community-based violence prevention program in Colorado Springs and 12 other U. S. cities. 1994-2007.
- Founder/Director, The Kind & Safe Schools Initiative, a nationally acclaimed character education program that has been adopted by 700+ schools. 1998- present
- Co-Founder/Trainer, The First Visitor program, serving new parents in the Pikes Peak Region in 1999. This a home visitation program is designed to prevent child abuse and neglect.
- A United Nations Consultant during the International Year of the Family housed at the U.N. Centre in Vienna, Austria.1992-93.
- A founding Co-Director of The Bratislava International Center for Family Studies in Slovakia.1992-93
- Licensed psychologist since 1976.
- Author or co-author of over 50 books and 100 articles.
- Trainer and consultant in Conflict Resolution, Healing Developmental Trauma and numerous other topics.
Resource snad links
- Barry Weinhold’s website
- How to Break Free from the Drama Triangle and Victim by Barry Weinhold, Ph.D
Other episodes you may like:
- What’s Codependency
- Transform Your Boundaries
- Childhood Emotional Neglect
- On Acceptance and Perfectionism
- Mindful Communication
Did you enjoy this episode?
Please take a few minutes to rate and review the show on Apple Podcasts or iTunes. Your feedback is valuable and it helps the growth of the show.
If you like this podcast and are thinking of creating your own, consider talking to my producer, Danny Ozment.
He helps thought leaders, influencers, executives, HR professionals, recruiters, lawyers, realtors, bloggers, coaches, and authors create, launch, and produce podcasts that grow their business and impact the world.
Find out more at https://emeraldcitypro.com