Mommy burnout is something we can ALL relate to, weather people are saying it or not, no one has got it all figured out!
Social media lets us “see behind the curtain” into others lives and parenting, which can be so helpful for support…. and it can also make you feel less than, like you’re doing something wrong. Not all you see is REAL!
Guest Sarah Gyampoh is the author of The Mindful Mothers Way. She’s a social worker, yoga instructor, home schooler and Mom of 5 kids! She shares how she overcame Mommy burnout. Also, how she continues to combat it. Sarah gives some incredible advice
– Start the day with 5 minutes of meditation (GOALS)
– Switching her words from “I have to” to “I get to” giving her a positive energy shift
– Setting and reminding yourself of the ACTUAL priorities of the day
– Telling her children her emotions…. even when they aren’t “perfect”
– Opening up about anger being her go to emotion at times of fear, or overwhelm (O man, could I relate to that)
– The medical scare that gave her the permission she needed to make herself a priority
– Sarah also shares her wish of wanting rhythm, and predictability in motherhood (girl, me too)
About my guest
Sarah holds a Master’s Degree in Social Work from the University of Maryland, Baltimore and she has completed two Yoga Teacher trainings. One in hatha yoga, the other in prenatal yoga. She is also a certified Yoga Birth Instructor. She was a Peace Corps volunteer in the Dominican Republic. She is the mother of four beautiful beings.
Sarah combines her social work skills, yogic philosophy, and nature’s wisdom to help mothers connect with their inner knowing and experience the majesty of motherhood. She believes that there will always be a laundry pile waiting to be folded, and that life and motherhood are to be enjoyed, peaks and valleys and all.
Resources and links
*Want to get most out of your listening experience? Download the Easy Start Guide PDF with clickable links to past podcast episodes (over 160) grouped by category.
Connect with Sarah
Other episodes you may like:
- What Does Self-Care Really Mean?
- Mommy Burnout
- How To Stay CALM in The Moment
- 4 Ways to Stop Beating Yourself Up
- Parental Self-Sacrifice: Break The Mold and Be Free
- From Coping to Thriving: How to Turn Self-Care Into a Way of Life
Did you enjoy this episode?
Please take a few minutes to rate and review the show on Apple Podcasts or iTunes. Your feedback is valuable and it helps the growth of the show.