The truth of who we are is so essential that its absence takes a heavy toll, typically causing us to lose our sense of self, personal goals, and close relationships. In order to become wholeheartedly ourselves, we must try, through an often lengthy process, to discover our own personal truth — a truth that may create discomfort before giving us a new sense of freedom.
Childhood trauma is pervasive. It can make you feel disconnected from your true, authentic self. For Kerri finding and connecting to her true self was an arduous journey. She went through a lot. From an early age well into her adult years she battled with self loathing, self-harming behaviors, dating bad boys, being and acting bad, divorce, affairs, drinking, traditional therapy…But it didn’t help.
Eventually she found a non-traditional path of healing.
Her life was so complex and complicated.
She took blame for everything. She felt as she was broken and needed fixing.
Here is the main message of Kerri’s story.
No matter what life circumstances you had, no matter what kind of upbringing you had, your past doesn’t have to define you. You can have a better life. You can still make sense of your story, heal from your wounds and move forward in life.
- How Kerri coped with patterns of wanting control
- What pattern of her thinking led her to think she needed to be fixed
- What dynamic keeps people from speaking out and healing
- How Kerri’s history of trauma kept her on a journey of searching for herself
- How parental trauma can block the flow of love toward children
- What happens when you start to speak your truth
- How Kerri’s ego, fear-based wounded child was creating havoc and creating more suffering and what helped retrain her brain
- How paying attention to your senses can lead to healing
- What healing early childhood wounds requires
About my guest
Kerri Hummingbird Sami is a soul guide, shamanic healer, award-winning author and inspirational speaker. Kerri has over 20 years of experience in leading by inspiration, and a special passion for empowering women to be the artists of their lives. She mentors women to rewrite the story of their lives through inner transformation, connection to essence, remembrance of purpose, and realignment to authenticity and truth.
Resources and links
linkedin: Kerri Hummingbird
Award-winning memoir, Awakening To Me
Here are some past episodes on trauma, finding your authentic self and healing you may like, if you enjoy this episode.
- Signs of Childhood Trauma in Adults
- Healing from Trauma
- Childhood Trauma: reclaiming your authentic self
- Are You Stuck in The Past?
Did you enjoy this episode?
Here is how you can subscribe to the podcast. Watch my quick video tutorial.
Please take a few minutes to rate and review the show on Apple Podcasts or iTunes. Your feedback is valuable and it helps the growth of the show.