- About her childhood and upbringing
- A book that she read as a young adult that really changed the her worldview.
- How she discovered mindfulness at age 5. Yes. you heard me right.
- What experiences shaped her philosophy of peaceful parenting.
- What was the inspiration for her siblings book. Peaceful Parent, Happy Siblings: How To Stop the Fighting and Raise Friends for Life,
- How she raised her own kids, now adults in their twenties and what’s the nature of her relationship with them today.
- And toward the end she shares her Three Minute Blessing practice. You don’t want to miss.
About my guest
Dr. Laura Markham is the author of Peaceful Parent, Happy Kids: How To Stop Yelling and Start Connecting, Peaceful Parent, Happy Siblings: How To Stop the Fighting and Raise Friends for Life, and now her latest book, The Peaceful Parent, Happy Kids Workbook: Using mindfulness and connection to raise resilient, joyful children and rediscover your love of parenting.
Dr. Laura Markham earned her PhD in clinical psychology at Columbia University and has worked as a parenting coach with countless families across the world. Over 130,000 moms and dads enjoy Dr. Laura’s free weekly coaching posts via email. You can sign up on any page of her website, AhaParenting.com, which serves up Aha! Moments for parents of babies through teens. Dr. Laura’s aspiration is to change the world, one child at a time, by supporting parents. The proud mother of two thriving young adults who were raised with her peaceful parenting approach, she lives with her husband in New York.
Resources and links
- Aha Parenting
- Peaceful Parents, Happy Kids
- Peaceful Parent, Happy Siblings
- Loss: Sadness And Depression,Volume 3 (Basic Books Classics) by John Bowlby
- A past episode you may enjoy, STOP Hurting Kids in The Name of Discipline
Did you enjoy this episode?
or if you have an Alexa, you can simply ask, “Alexa, open Authentic Parenting!”
Here is how you can subscribe to the podcast. Watch my quick video tutorial.
Please take a few minutes to rate and review the show on Apple Podcasts or iTunes. Your feedback is valuable and it helps the growth of the show.