In the May edition of the Monthly Special Episode I am joined with a new colleague Marilupe de la Calle who I had a pleasure meeting in person recently.
We have 3 segments:
- Examples from Our Homes
- What’s Up with You? Answering listener parenting questions
- Favorite Finds
Marilupe shares how she was able to do a deep listening session one day at her children’s gymnastics place. How was she able to give of her loving attention to both girls at the same time? Then she shares a parenting fail and how it helped her to bring some unconscious stuff to the surface through a listening partnership.
I share a failed attempt at connecting and listening to my daughter’s big feelings one day after school.
Segment 2: We answer a couple of questions on potty language, and we share a step by step process of how you can listen to your children’s big feelings.
Segment 2: We answer your questions.
- the fear of abandonment in children and how real it can be
- what our children actually need from us when they are experiencing big emotions
- why it really doesn’t matter what your child is crying about
- what you need to know about pretext cry
- how to repair after a rupture
- how can you “craft” your compassionate response that matches the intensity of your child’s feelings (this is HUGRE!)
- is potty language normal?
- playful and creative ways to deal with “bad” words (it’s not what you expect)
A great companion for this episode is How To Stay C.A.L.M. in The Moment from our catalog. A must listen! In which we explore practical strategies that will help YOU to remain present and respond to your children’s big feelings.
About my guest
Marilupe is a Mexican mom living in the US with my husband and my two amazing girls. She is a certified Hand in Hand Parenting instructor.
Resources and links
Follow me on Instagram where I share things I don’t share anywhere else.
Here are the books we have recommended in this episode:
Anna’s find: The Dance of Anger
Marilupe’s suggestion: Belonging
Another great book suggestion all about becoming a more playful parent by L. Cohen Playful Parenting.
An episode we mentioned from our catalog called Why “Hate” is Not a Bad Word
A great podcast for kids. Wow in The World
Did you enjoy this episode?
or if you have an Alexa, you can simply ask, “Alexa, open Authentic Parenting!”
Here is how you can subscribe to the podcast. Watch my quick video tutorial.
Please take a few minutes to rate and review the show on Apple Podcasts or iTunes. Your feedback is valuable and it helps the growth of the show.
Become a supporter of the show
Join others who have kindly given from their heart for the value they have received from the show. You contribution truly does make a difference. It helps the production of the show (there are many costs:) )