How can you stay calm in the moment? What makes parenting hard? Do you ever think that new parenthood comes with a sense of loss?
In this week’s episode:
- What makes parenting hard.
- Science-based understanding of the hidden factors and root causes for children’s misbehavior.
- How modern day stress could be affecting your mood, behavior, actions, thoughts and well-being.
- Get to know yourself better.
- How children’s emotions work, what we need to know about regulation, dysregulation and co-regulation.
- Positive strategies and mindfulness tools for cultivating emotional literacy, empathy, and resilience.
- 4 step life-changing process of C.A.L.M to help you remain patient, present and respond to your children in a more mindful way when emotions are high.
- Identify your child’s needs (emotional or physical) in the moment, meet the needs in the best way possible.
- Reduce, eliminate environmental stressors that could be impacting yourself or your child.
I also walk you though a sensory exercise that will help to deepen your body awareness. Your body is where your well-being rests. Your body is where your emotions and stress emerge. Getting to know your own sensory terrain will help you to:
- identify what you are feeling in the moment
- name it to tame it
- do some breathing exercises
- manage your emotions and your stress response
- feel better and respond instead reacting
- practice, practice, practice!
About my guest
Today’s guest is one of my awesome listener Angela Babylon-Sherman –she is married, mother of a 7 yr old daughter and 5 year old son. She works full time outside of the home.
Resources and links
I have a self-study class that will help to understand how stress is impacting your life, why you are yelling and how it affects your children.
Do you want a calm home?
Get started with the class now. Instant access, learn at your own pace, pause and return and play it again and again to refresh your education.
It’s only $37.
You are overwhelmed, frustrated, stressed out…
It’s hard to admit but yelling has become a part of your parenting toolbox.
You know very well that it doesn’t work. Plus, it makes you feel bad about yourself.
But you are stuck and breaking that bad habit seems impossible.
Now it’s time to learn a new way, a more gentle and effective way of discipline.
Another great episode that will be of help, Mindful Parenting in a Messy World
Send us your parenting questions for our upcoming episodes.
Leave a voicemail: 732-763-2576
Did you enjoy this episode?
or if you have an Alexa, you can simply ask, “Alexa, open Authentic Parenting!”
Become a supporter of the show
Join others who have kindly given from their heart for the value they have received from the show. You contribution truly does make a difference.